Sunday, April 24, 2016

Surgery Story

So as has been posted on my Facebook I got surgery Thursday to have the hardware removed from my leg that was put in there last year when I broke it. It had bothered me since I got it and I'm quite happy to know that soon enough I'll be able to go about my life like normal. I'm too young to be in that much pain all the time.

Sadly this means I've got to re-heal from the incision which isn't the greatest thing, but it healed real well last time, so I think it'll heal real well this time too.

It was quite a fast operation, apparently it only took an hour, and I was in the recovery room for two. I actually remember going into the operation room this time and actually started laughing because for one, they gave me something to relax, and two the mask for the anesthesia did smell like a beach ball like they said it would.

The last few days I've actually just been sleeping a lot and resting. I've watched the rest of season 1 of Unbreakable Kimmy Shcmidt. It's hilarious and if you haven't checked it out yet, there are two seasons of it on Netflix.

Now here's a picture of my leg, you're welcome.

Ready for surgery.

My leg, three days after surgery.
Last year, two weeks after surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment