Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Going Back

Since I came home from Job Corps I've felt a string of different ways about it. I was upset, angry, indifferent, with not a lot of positivity. And since I've been home there hasn't really been too much for me to do but wait around for one thing or another.

I've thought about not going back, I've thought about moving out of state and going down and living with a friend and working with her, I've thought about applying to college, and a few other little things that just won't pan out. What this all boils down to is a decision, an adult decision that should have been my goal from the beginning.

I'm going to go back. I'm going to see about finishing my trade. I'm going to get a job. I'm going to continue my life and build towards a future that I want.

On Thursday I have surgery to get the hardware out of my leg. It's pained me for well over a year now and I'm really looking forward to having it completely healed. For the two weeks after that while I wait to get my staples removed I'll hopefully be making the plans on my return to Job Corps.

This is a huge decision for me to make and while I wish I could make a different one, it seems like the one that will give me the best future possible.

So here's to the future, and to all the success that may come of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment