Sunday, April 10, 2016

Hello My Name Is Blake

It's been a while! I actually have thought about posting something on here for a while, but I haven't had the drive to do so if I'm completely honest.

But a lot has changed. It's crazy to think how much can change in just a few short months, let alone a year. I suppose that if you think about it it's not too crazy as everyday we're changing, we're growing. We are always becoming someone else everyday as we navigate our way through what life throws at us.

Over a month ago I was sent home from Job Corps due to my depression becoming too much too bear. I have since gotten the help I've needed, and I've gotten over that specific bump in the road.

Each time something happens though, be it small or big, we learn from it. Getting over that road bump brought a lot of things into perspective for me personally.

For one when I first went to Job Corps I wasn't ready to introduce myself as Blake, but it's been what I've wanted to be called for close to a year now. And Job Corps, for better or worse, has helped me become more confident in myself.

My relationship has come to an end, although we still are friends which is always nice, I know some people aren't that lucky.

Life is a journey, everyone has different paths, and I'm still figuring out where mine is leading. I'm excited though because everyday is a chance to build on that, to bond more with the people around us, as well as learning and growing, and I'm here to do that all.

My little niece Karbon

I recently got to meet my niece and nephew for the first time, and I'm super excited to see them grow. Their parents are already doing an amazing job and I know that these little people are going to grow into amazing bigger people.

Before I sign off I just want to thank everyone that supports me, your care means the world to me. And a few shout outs because this is my blog and I can do what I want - Carol and Tom, Mom, Justin, Aaron, Marcus, Mallory, Ashley, my wonderful Grandmother, and all my other friends who always brighten my day. The world needs more people like you.

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! I think about the wing 5 girls a lot! I'm liking the name Blake by the way! But there will always be a little Root in there hahah. Miss you, xox

    ReplyDelete